It takes nearly 500 volunteers to run an election in Berkeley County. Berkeley County has a strong reputation for conducting orderly, secure, and accurate elections because of the hundreds of people who step up and help their fellow citizens vote.
Poll workers are paid for their time, and thorough training is provided. Poll workers are selected by the county executive committees of the Republican and Democratic parties and appointed by the Berkeley County Council.
Requirements to be a Berkeley County Poll Worker
- Must be a registered voter of Berkeley County;
- Must be able to read and write the English Language;
- May not be a candidate on the ballot or an official write-in candidate in the election;
- May not be the parent, child, sibling, or spouse of a candidate in the precinct where the poll worker serves;
- May not be a person prohibited from serving as an election official pursuant to any other federal or state statute; and
- May not have been previously convicted of a violation of any election law.
If you would like to volunteer to be a poll worker, please email us at BerkeleyCounty@wvsos.com, call us at (304) 264-1989, or visit our office.